A network of parents who participate in Great Start Collaborative - Oakland initiatives and support parents in Oakland County.
As a single mom of two young boys it was so very important to me to not only be involved in my children's day to day life, but also with the community that supports us. After attending my first parent connection meeting I knew it would only benefit the boys and I to continue going. I have built relationships with other parents, and began making connections with professionals who I now work alongside to create something that truly benefits the children of our community. I always leave our meetings having learned something new, as well as feeling inspired.
Leah G. - mom of 2 and 5 year old boys
Why join Parent Coalition
- Meet other parents in your area
- Have input in how early childhood services are delivered to the community
- Participate in and provide leadership in system development, implementation, guidance, and evaluation
- Share information with families
- Participate in decisions related to early childhood services
To find out more about the Parent Coalition, contact Flavia Maccio 248.333.9545
If you would like to receive the Parent Coalition email updates and newsletter, sign up here.